Garam masala is a basic spice mix which is fundamental for almost all North-Indian dishes. Grinding spices is not hard, so I don’t understand while we buy packaged pre-ground spices.
- Dhaniya (coriander seeds)
- Jeera (cumin seeds)
- Daal Cheeni (cinnamon sticks)
- Kali Mirch (whole black peppercorns)
- Laung (cloves)
- Elachi (green cardamom pods)
- Star Anise
- Tej Patha (dried bay leaves)
Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods, then place all of the spices along with the cardamom seeds into a spice grinder. Grind these spices until they form a coarse powder, then transfer to a container.