Lasagne is one of my most favourite pasta dishes, however it can be quite time consuming to make,but trust me all of the time and effort is definitely worth it!
- 1 kg aubergine
- 125 ml olive oil
- 450 g sliced courgettes
- 225 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 600 ml tomato passata
- 6 lasagne sheets
- 600 ml cheese sauce
- 55 g grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Thinly slice the aubergines and place them in a colander. Then sprinkle them with the salt and pepper; set aside for 20 minutes. Rinse them, and then gently dry them with kitchen paper
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan. Fry half of the aubergine slices over a low heat for 6-7 minutes, or until golden. Drain the aubergine slices on kitchen paper, then repeat with the remaining aubergine. Set these aside…
- Add the sliced courgettes to the same frying pan and fry for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown all over. Drain these on kitchen paper
- Place half of the aubergine and courgette slices in a large ovenproof dish, Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle over half of the mozzarella cheese. Spoon over half of the passata and top this with 3 sheets of lasagne. Repeat this process, again ending with a layer of lasagne sheets
- Spoon over the cheese sauce and sprinkle on top the cheddar cheese and mixed herbs. Put the dish on a baking tray and bake in a oven preheated to 220 degrees celcius or 425 degrees Fahrenheit, for 30-35 minutes,or until golden brown.
- Enjoy alongside some garlic bread!