I absolutely love rich chocolate truffles, this recipe will make around 30 truffles. You can vary the coatings to suit your taste, but following on with the coconut theme i will be coating mine in desiccated coconut!
- 100 g softened cream cheese
- 175 g sifted icing sugar
- 250 g of melted plain chocolate
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. The slowly beat in the icing sugar until it is all well combined.
- Carefully stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla essence, until there are no streaks in the mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 1 hr and then shape into truffles
- Once all of the mixture has been used up, roll the truffles in any coating of your choice, in my case desiccated coconut!