This classic cinnamon swirl recipe uses shop bought ready rolled puff pastry, though you can make your own if you feel capable :). You could also include raisins in the recipe for an even tastier treat…
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 75g golden caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten with 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, then spread over the pastry. Roll the rectangle from the short side to make a sausage. Chill for 10 minutes until completely firm. Then, with a knife, cut into 16 x 1.5cm slices. Lay flat-side down on a baking sheet and press them slightly so they spread out a little. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Brush with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Serve warm, sprinkled with sugar, enjoy…