This delicious, simple, rhubarb crumble recipe is a delicious way to use this week’s ingredient of the week. Try this British pudding with some scrumptious vanilla ice cream.
For the filling:
- 900 g rhubarb, trimmed
- 50 g of cold, diced butter
- 60 g sugar
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 lemon, juice onlyFor the topping:
- 100 g butter, diced and cold
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g oatflakes
- 80 g soft brown sugar
- Wash the rhubarb and then slice into neat chunks.
- Place the rhubarb chunks into a large saucepan with the butter, sugar, lemon and orange zest and cook very gently on a low heat until the rhubarb just ‘falls’ (approx 10 minutes).
- For the topping, place the flour into a large bowl. Add the diced cold butter and rub the mixture together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Fold in the oatflakes and sugar.
- Divide the rhubarb mixture between 6 greased ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the rhubarb.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes until golden brown and bubbling at Gas Mark 5 / 190 fan oven. Serve warm alongside custard, cream or ice cream