Save time and money with this simple and delicious pasta sauce! You can also add in half a chopped onion with the garlic, for an even tastier sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g carton of tomato passata
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- a few basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, then gently fry for 1 min.
- Tip in all the other ingredients, except the basil, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, then simmer uncovered for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- To finish, tear the basil leaves, then stir into the sauce along with the salt and pepper